Hair Transplant Patient Information
1- Firstly, the hair is shaved.
2-At the second stage, the patient is given the local anesthetic.
3- At the third stage, hair is collected from the nape of the neck.
4- At the fourth stage, canals are opened in the region where we will transplant the hair.
5- At the fifth and the last stage, all hair collected are transplanted into the canals opened.
Hair transplantation surgery is a process that takes a total of 5 or 7 hours including 1,5 hours for the first stage, 1 hour for the second stage, 2 hours for the third stage and the breathing spaces between such stages. No pain is observed after surgery and if the instructions are properly followed, no swelling, pain and other adverse effect occurs in the facial region.
ACTIONS TO BE TAKEN AFTER HAIR TRANSPLANTATION!!!
- Following the hair transplantation, you should lie only on your back for 3 days.
- The transplanted area should be avoided from contacting with anywhere/anything and water, and you should in no way touch this area for 3 days.
- You should drink plenty of water and keep away from salty foods for 3 days.
- You should not drink alcohol for 1 week.
- You should not do any sports for 3 weeks.
- Following the hair transplantation, you should come for dressing on the 2ndday and for hair wash on the 3rdday; these hair washing process continues throughout the week.
- You should prevent the transplanted area from hitting on anywhere.
Note: The transplanted hair sheds within the first one month. They regrow as of the second month and almost all transplanted hair grow within 7 or 8 months.